Thursday, April 01, 2010

Amazon.com Wrong-"The Wizard of Garage" CD Is Still In Print

A NOTE FROM PETE HOLLY ABOUT WHO MANUFACTURE'S MY CD'S
There seems to be abit of confusion about who manufacture's my CD's.
My record label-Look's Music International-manufactures all of the
Pete Holly solo CD's-Including "The Wizard Of Garage","Riverside Drive","Pete Holly III",
"The Morrison Center Session","The Balled of Pete Holly" and my new CD "Sun Valley".
We also manufacture the CD-Pete Holly and the Look's-"Live at Desmond and Mollies".
The confusion about who the manufacturer of all these Cd's is started because
"The Orchard",who used to be one of my Distributers,falsely represented themselve's
as "The Manufacturer" of my first three Cd's-"The Wizard of Garage"-"Riverside Drive"
and "Pete Holly III".Exactly as to why they did this.I do not know.I do know however,
that this is not the only false information "The Orchard" has givin' out and that is why
i ended my relationship with "The Orchard" and they no longer have any rights to
disribute either my Cd's or any of my music downloads.About 4 years ago,after i keep
noticing that the money that collected from sales of my music by "The Orchard" of both
Physical CD's and MP3 Downloads-kept magically dis-appearing-{The Orchard gives
access to an accounting page to all the artists whose music they distribute so that they
can see all the activity and how much money has collected that is owed to each Artist}
I had complained to them quite a few times when my share of the profit of all sales-
seemed to disappear or magically get lowered to just below the level where legally
"The Orchard" would have to send me a check and pay me.Also,on more than a few
occasions,even though the amount of money owed to me was above the "Must Pay"
level.The Orchard still didn't issue a check-as they were legally bound to do.I kept
having to call them and e-mail them over and over again before they would finally
cave in-do the right thing-and send me a check.As you can imagine;this was a very
frustrating and time consuming ordeal that i didn't like at all and i let "The Orchard"
know this on several occassions-but the situation never improved-it allways took
at least 5 to 10 months and sometimes even a year or more to get them to issue
a check.But eventually,even though it was an incredible,illegal and unnessary hassle-I
would finally suceed in getting my money.The Amounts were not that large but that
had been slowly changing as one of my song's-"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" sales took
off and money started pouring in.Eventually i found out why from an old fan of "Pete Holly
and the Look's" who sent me a post card from New York.He wanted to make sure that
i was aware that "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" had been aired in it's entirity on a nationally syndicated TV show-"Full Frontal Fashion " which was on The Womens Channel.We don't
get the Womens Channel here in Boise so i was not aware of this use,but it expalined the
sudden increase in sale's-especially of the MP3 of "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" but also of
"The Wizard of Garage" CD-both of which were still being distributed by "The Orchard"
at the time.The song and the album rose up into the top ten on Rhapsody's Lo-Fi Charts
and "The Orchard" owed me about $300.00 and the numbers were going up faster and faster
everyday.When i tried to get "The Orchard" to pay me this larger paycheck is when i first
talked to "Nick Gorden" who had been appointed as the new man in charge of artist relations
at "The Orchard".Nick said he was unaware of the Outstanding Balance that was owed to me
by "The Orchard" but asked me to give him a day-and he would check into it.The next morning i logged onto my Orchard accounting page.All three hundred dollars had dis-appeared overnight.I immediatly called Nick and asked him what had happened to my money."Returns" Nick replied "Returns" had eliminated 300.00 dollars overnight ! "Nick" i said "All of
the 300.00 dollars The Orchard owed me had come from MP3 Downloads,You can't return
a Download".Nick Gorden went beserk ! He said he was deleting my account,and was sending
all of the CD's of mine the Orchard had in stock{about 300 or 4000.00 dollars worth} back to me immediatlly and that The Orchard and myself no longer had any Relationship and then he hung up !
Well Nick Gorden deleted my accounting page but that's it.I could no longer see the
activity because Nick had deleted it and made it unavailable to me.But he never deleted
The Orchards encodedments of all the songs on my first three Cd's-51 songs-many were
my best sellers.The Orchard continued to sell both my CD's and my MP3's and though
i tried to stop them-the Orchard stayed in denial-no matter what agency i sent after them-
Nobody seemed to be able to do anything-my music had been stolen and still remains that
way to this day.So take it from one who know's-stay away from The Orchard ! Far,Far Away.
Eventually i got a differant distributer-MAD Distribution-but the disruption that
The Orchard's Lies and Actions caused cost me thousands upon thousands of dollars and what i could fix took years and years of precious time and not to mention the mental pain and auguish.Stay Away From The Orchard-I Repeat-Stay Away From The Orchard.
The false statement that "The Wizard of Garage" is out of print is up on The Amazon page because "The Orchard" missrepresented itself to Amazon.com-they took on the guise
of being "The Manufacturer" and "The Disributer" so that they could keep selling my music
without paying me-and so far they've gotten' a way with it.The statement on the Amazon
Page that "The Wizard of Garage" is out of print really means that the Orchard has sold all
the copies that they were supposed to return to me-but never did.Instead they broke the law-stole all my CD's and sold them and now all the copies they stole from me of "The Wizard of Garage" they have sold illegally,Kept all the money and didn't pay me a red cent.
Stay Away From The Orchard-Let This Be A Lesson-Stay Far Far Away from the Orchard

Written by Pete Holly-2010-Copyright-All Rights Reserved

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home