Sunday, March 21, 2010

Poetry

By Pete Holly


I've crossed the continent 500 times-
I've filled up my mind 26 Trillion times-
I've memorized Milton and dissected Freud
Spent 12 Billion dollars at the houses of Loydd's
I've gambled 88 fortunes and lost everyone
I've blown up the moon and dived into the sun
I been raped by the Kossaks and killed by the Hun's
I invented the pistol,the sword and the machine Gun
I've been a king who's slaughtered his people
I've not one once of mercy i've toppled every church steeple
They tortured me once for the crime of being true
I didn't learn to lie from listening to you
My affairs with Great maidens and those of ill-repute
Far surpass any other-be him soldier or brute
I take what i want and the rest i just steal
It's surprising how easy it is to make all this Real
but before i do go-let me say this to you
The Secret's of life are not very new
If you go to your window and open the shutter
You'll see all there is should it happen to thunder
Step out in the storm and see if one hits you
for i'm sure that one will-for nothing else fits you-
Goodbye all my friends-Goodbye Mr. Naples
Take care of the gardens-take care of the stable's
And ride that white Filley at least once every day
and see that she gets all the very best hay
Though once she did throw me and though it nearly killed me
She woke me from a dream and now i am real free !

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home