Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Letter from a housewife

I am a thirty-eight year old,protestant,southern, housewife and mother of
three children.I have gone to church my whole life,until recently,but somehow,they keep
pushing Jesus away.So i took my kids out of the church and i left too.We have to find out about Jesus some other way.
I've learned something.Jesus is white,Negro,yellow,red,Jew.I wish i didn't know that.I live in the wrong place,at the wrong time,to know it.Pray for me.It's to big,I'm scared and lonely.I can't do anything but teach this to my kids and try to have the gut's to say and live it as opportunity comes.All of the children can help.It just has to be a better place in the next generation.Can we learn to see persons,and can our hearts be taught to love.

from Malcolm Boyd's "Book of Day's" for the day of May 20th,1968

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home